Thursday, June 22, 2017

June Hook-In

The Wild West Rug Hookers met at the Park County Library for our June hook-in. As always we had a blast. It's always fun to see what everyone is working on and what they finished.

Debra stole the show with her Magdalena footstool cover. Katie Hartner of Woolley Fox created the design with Magdalena animals. Debra hooked different backgrounds on each animal. It is absolutely stunning!

Patty is working on her Boston by Anne Bond, Visions of Ewe.  The pink is so soft and inviting. Her background is just perfect! I love seeing Patty's colors come together.
 I, Sylvia, have been working on Cora's Garden by Julie Thomas, The Old Tattered Flag. I saw a photo of a woman who was hooking it in red and two neutrals so I bought the pattern right away. It was hard to get my colors right in the photo. The background is a deep wine/maroon and the neutrals are a medium and light taupe. I have learned a lot so far with this rug. I've never worked with such a limited palette.

I took an online class, Wonky House Ikea Stool, from Cindi Gay. The stool is from Ikea and it is chair height which makes it perfect for extra seating as well as putting your feet up. I changed my house. Hers was a white house and I didn't want that much white on the top of my stool.

 Yes, it would have been easier to get one picture of the pattern laying flat but I forgot so you get all four sides. She taught the perfect way to sew the side seams together.
 The designs wrap around the corners so her technique for sewing works perfectly for this design.
 I like the fact the the cover just slips over the Ikea stool and I can easily take it off if I ever need to clean it.
The class was very inexpensive. I'm taking her color planning course too. I have already learned so much from it. Cindi does Live Webinars every week that are incredibly educational and you can watch the edited versions HERE. I use her technique for binding since the beginning of my rug hooking. What a wonderful giving person to so freely give out all the wisdom she has amassed in her years of rug hooking. Thank you Cindi Gay.

Carol has been super busy moving in to their new home so she is working on her binding of her Covered Bridge. It will be so nice to have it hanging in her new home. 

Next month we will be meeting on Thursday, July 13th in Shell, WY.  Hooking in Shell is always such a special treat. I love the drive and I'm sure Patty and Carol love not having to drive to Cody!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful foot stools. Thank you for the review on Cindi Gay's Online class. Been thinking about doing it for some time. Wished I still lived in Powell so I could join the group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you live? We have rug hookers from Shell, Cody, Clark, Greybull, and Powell. We meet in Cody and once in a while in Shell.

      Delete
    2. We lived on rt 32 outside of Byron but move to NM 17 yrs ago. At that time there was a group of Bobbin Lace in Powell.

      Delete