Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wild West Rug Hookers for March

Debra, Patty and I met at the Library Saturday for a fun filled day of hooking, chatter, and fun.
 Debra ordered a punch kit called Lamb and Crocks by Yvonne Buus. It is a small design with wonderful yarns.

 Debra also finished this fabulous rug from Woolley Fox. It is absolutely stunning! The colors are much richer in person.
And Debra was working on this large version of Saddle Up by Sally Kallin of Pine Island Primitives. It's going to be a stunner when she is finished.
I, Sylvia, used a wide cut for my Heavens to Betsy pig pillow. His tail is hiding back there so I fixed it when I got home.
 I had to show everyone my red cow pattern called Clover by Theresa Rapstine. I just can't wait to start this beauty!
 I have been working on an Ikea stool cover designed by Faye Schilling. The center design was taken from a pattern by Maggie Bonanomi. My next stool will be the one at the bottom of the post.
Patty is SO close to being finished with her Stonehouse Runner by The Old Tattered Flag.  This runner is LONG! Faye and I both have the pattern but neither of us have started. I'm almost nervous to start! I can't get over how beautiful Patty's is turning out!
And here is an Ikea stool cover designed and hooked by Faye. I love it so much I'm going to copy it right down to the wools, which Faye has meticulously cataloged for me with pictures of the wool next to the flower and bird. The unfinished parts will be hooked in when the sides are sewn together so the design wraps around the stool. I'm even going to hook it in a 6 just like hers so I can get all the detail. I'm such a copycat but seriously, who wouldn't want to copy this stool cover.

I'm so amazed at the talent in our little group and we all feel so blessed to have such a great group with personalities that compliment each other so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment