Monday, February 10, 2014

Can't Get Enough

One thing I've notices about rug hookers is that we just can't get enough when it comes to looking at other hookers work, either in progress or finished.

I (Sylvia Gauthier) have a Pinterest addiction and one day pinning hooked rugs I came across a rug that I knew I HAD to hook. Unfortunately, on Pinterest not all pictures have information on the hooker and/or designer, which is really sad. That was the case when I tried to find the designer of the rug Angel of the Morning.  I finally sent an email to the guild in Canada where the photo was taken. The woman who answered my question thought it looked like a Beverly Conway design. GREAT!!!  I had a hard time finding Beverly but once I did I was ecstatic when she sent me her book of designs to order from.
 
Since this was my second rug, I had a lot to learn, for example, I had never hooked a face and hands. Even though this is a comical rug I still wanted it to be recognizable. I still want to take out the white steam and initials and replace them with something more muted.
 
I had the most fun hooking the bunny slippers. I found slippers on the Internet I loved and changed the faces just a little.
 
My grandson Vince said the lady in the rug kind of looks like me. I think it might....
 
A site to find great rug designs is Encompassing Designs. That's where Patty Tyrrell found her adorable Cat Rug that she is working on.
 
Don't you just love how the cat tails make hearts? What an appropriate rug for the month of February. She had her picture in our local news paper while hooking on this rug at our monthly hook-in after the photographer for the Enterprise showed up to find out more about our hooking group.
 
We are hoping that the little article in the newspaper will catch the interest of people who either want to learn to hook, or already know how but didn't know anyone in our area hooked too. 
 
Post written by Sylvia Gauthier.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment