Monday, September 11, 2017

Septembers First Hook In

We hooked at the Shell Church for our first hook in of the month. As always it was a beautiful drive towards the mountains. Shell is such a beautiful tiny town at the bottom of the Big Horn Mountains. It was especially great to have so many attend. Marlisa came down from Laurel for the first time and she was such a nice addition to our little group. 

 Patty is close to being done with her floral. The colors are much richer than they show here. It is truly stunning.

 I got a new weaving loom so I haven't accomplished much on my witch. I really want to work on her but the new loom has been so much fun too.

 Carol has done a great job on her Turkey Buzzard. I love how he is picking on his tail feather. I can't wait to see how he turns out!

Faye was working on her original design footstool. It is a Molesworth tribute. Molesworth was a man who designed western furniture here in Cody many years ago. I just love the rope and brands! Debra is going to make this one too.

But for now Debra is working on this footstool design that she created using Edith O'Neal designs. Some of us can't get enough of making footstools. I have two more Ikea stools ordered that should be here this week. The Ikea stools are so versatile because they can be used for extra seating.

 Our newest friend Marlisa brought a little bit of show and tell. These owls are so adorable!


 This is the rug Marlisa was working on at Prairie Rose last year when we first met her. She drove a few hours to be able to hook with us and we were all so happy she did.

Marlisa was working on this wonderful design. She was using a Cheticamp frame which was fun to see. It is so nice to be able to see all of the pattern at once. Especially when she is creating a rug like this.

We will meet again on Sept. 23rd. at the Park Co Library in Cody. Our little group travels quite a ways to meet and I always hope it's worth it. It must be. We keep doing it! Like I always say. We are so blessed. 

Debra and I will be headed to the Denver Hook In this weekend. I hope to have a lot of wonderful things to show and tell about out trip when we get back. 

Happy Hooking!

Post by Sylvia Gauthier

No comments:

Post a Comment