Monday, October 2, 2017

Second Hook In for September

We had a blast meeting at the Library in Cody. I can't imagine our group NOT having fun! 

Faye finished her footstool design. She chose a Molesworth center design of the gunfighter. It is an iconic design he used in his western furniture a lot. She used real brands from our area and made up a couple too. I love how this footstool turned out and I can't wait to see it completed! She is such an amazing designer. I wish I could be in her head for one hour just to see what it's like to be that creative!


 Debra brought her Tattered Flag design. It is absolutely stunning. When we were at the Hook In in Denver Colorado she was working on it and had so many compliments.

 This is one she brought. It is two cats with human faces. It is one of those love it or hate it design. I LOVE it! It is a design by Dorothy Panacheck from Fredericksburg TX. Dorothy used to own Stonehill Spinning when she sold patterns.

 While we were in Denver I had the opportunity of meeting Theresa Rapstine.  She was in Celebrations one year for her Vintage Blooms. This is a pillow kit I bought from her based on that gorgeous rug. She and Debra are friends and I was so happy I got to meet her. Debra got the pillow kit with a large flower in the center. I'll be showing it before too long I hope!

Patty is almost finished with her Anne Bond design! I'm so in love with her colors that I've bought all the wool she used. She is so good with color. Debra came up with the idea of using the background for the vines in the border. Another reason we are so lucky to have each other to bounce ideas around. 

I have to mention the Hook In in Denver Co put on by the Colorado Rug and Fiber Guild, an ATHA organization. There were so many wonderful Vendors and such a great group of women. I was in awe the whole time. I'd never been to something so big and wonderful. I plan on going again next year for sure! Great job ladies.

Our next get together is October 21st. Hope to see you there!

Blog written by Sylvia Gauthier

No comments:

Post a Comment