Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Rug Hooking in Cody, WY

Three of us met at the Park Co. Library in Cody Saturday and we all had such a good time. Patty was working on the footstool that was designed by Faye Schilling using Cindi Gay's Ikea stool pattern outline.
I love her Mountain Bluebirds so much. She had built a Mountain Bluebird bird house a few years ago and this year was the first year she actually had the bluebirds nest in it. This is the perfect way to have the bluebirds with her all year long. Faye designed a wonderful stool cover and Patty is hooking it beautifully, as always.
Debra was working on the rug she started at Old Faithful Rug Hooking Getaway right here in Cody Wyoming at the historic Irma Hotel! Diane Stoffel was her teacher and Debra is hooking this in a very wide cut. It is so beautiful. I wish the colors turned out better on my phone camera. The basket is just stunning with the colors she used.
 I (Sylvia) finished hooking the rug I started at the Old Faithful Rug Hooking Getaway and I was whip stitching the outer border. I wish (again) that the colors had turned out better. My quail and inside border are much prettier.

The weather was perfect for traveling since both ladies come quite a distance to come hook. As I always say, we are so blessed to have such a great group of women.

We will be demonstrating rug hooking at the Festival in Thermopolis Wyoming on August 4th and 5th. It is a wonderful festival with so much fun for everyone of all ages. We would love to see you there! Just look for the Wild West Rug Hooker sign in the BIG tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment