Sunday, June 17, 2018

Beautiful Day In Shell, Wyoming

We had a wonderful day of rug hooking in beautiful Shell Wyoming. Debra, Patty, and I held our very first meeting of the Wild West Rug Hookers Guild. We are in the process of joining ATHA . One of the other ways we have tried to reach new and existing hookers is by having a Facebook page. Please come join it at Wild West Rug Hookers.
Debra is working on her saddle blanket designed by Sally Kalin. I just love the directional hooking she is doing . 
 Patty is working on a footstool cover designed by Faye Schilling. It is truly beautiful. I just love her color choices.
 Patty also send a picture of her Stonehouse Runner, by The Old Tattered Flag, beside her bed. It looks like a picture from a magazine! Beautiful work Patty!
I am still working on my Birds and Berries by Bea Brock. I started it at Old Faithful Rug Hooking Getaway with Carrie Martin as my teacher.

We had a visit from our dear friend Carol who has been going through Chemo for Mesothelioma. It was wonderful to get to see her. She looked surprisingly well for all she is going through. Prayers are always welcome for her recovery.

And another Debra came by for a visit and ended up buying a kit that Debra I. and I have made up for beginner hookers. She sat and hooked with us for awhile and Debra I, gave her a lot of pointers on hooking.

One of the things we felt was important was for us to have beginner kits ready when we demonstrate at different venues. Debra and I designed some kits, cut the wool for them, and include some directions. Hopefully they will make it easier for beginners to start hooking.
Debra designed the buffalo. It is a finished 10"x10".
 She also designed this adorable old Cowboy design. I just love the colors she chose.
 Her daisy is just as adorable.
 I designed a kitty in the penny flowers.
 And the sheep eating the flowers.
Debra also designed this wonderful star.

Another thing we have done is get our own email address at wildwestrughookers@yahoo.com. We have sure come a long way from a few years ago. I hope we continue to grow and for rug hooking to grow too.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know where I can buy a pattern of a Buffalo or Buffaloes? Thank you. Candy woolygrandma@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete