Tuesday, October 18, 2016

October Hook-in

We had so much fun hooking at the Library Saturday. Faye Schilling was able to come for her last day until next August. She is such a great addition to our little group. We will miss her terribly.

 Debra showed a penny rug she made. She tea dyed the #10 crochet thread she used and washed over the whole rug to tone it down. She did an amazing job and designed it so well!
 Carol was working on her trees. Her covered bridge is so wonderful!
 This blurry picture is Debra's rug,Tulips by Woolly Fox. I wish I could get the colors better. It is just stunning, as are all of her rugs!
 I have finally finished my Padula Pomegranates and I'm putting a show binding on. I prefer whipping the edges but I knew I'd never find yarn the color of the border so I decided to do it this way.
I took two pictures of Patty's rug and they were both horribly blurry. You get the idea though. He is moving right along on her sunflowers.

We are so blessed to have such a great group. The bigger it gets, the more we learn from each other but the conversations are the best part.

Post written by Sylvia Gauthier.

1 comment:

  1. I've never made self-backed pennies before so Debra's rug really caught my eye - glad to know I'm not the only one who uses crochet thread - those hand dyed thread are too pricey for me! The background on your pomegranate rug is SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete